Competitive immunoenzymatic colorimetric method for the quantitative measurement of Androstenedione concentration in saliva.
Androstenedione Saliva kit is intended for laboratory use only.
- Androstenedione (antigen) in the sample competes with the antigenic Androstenedione conjugated with horseradish peroxidase (HRP) for binding onto the limited number of antibodies anti- androstenedione coated on the microplate (solid phase).
- After incubation, the bound/free separation is performed by a simple solid-phase washing.
- Then, the enzyme HRP in the bound-fraction reacts with the Substrate (H2O2) and the TMB Substrate and develops a blue color that changes into yellow when the Stop Solution (H2SO4) is added.
- The colour intensity is inversely proportional to the Androstenedione concentration of in the sample.
- Androstenedione concentration in the sample is calculated through a standard curve.